Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Just say NO

So I hear all these people talking about their New Year's Resolutions. I balk at the idea of making resolutions. If I want to make changes in my life I just do it, no matter what day or month it is. So there.

I participated in a doll quilt swap. This is the little beauty I received in my favorite 30's fabric. I LOVE when I participate in a swap and am thrilled with what I get. Sometimes I get stuff and because they don't know you what you receive is just not your thing. This is no the case with this quilt. Woohoo!!





I finally finished the stupid *&&%$$ quilt I sent out. This quilt haunted me for some reason. It's not that I struggled doing it I struggled getting my self to do. I had no drive. With that being said I love how it came out. I don't think the woman I sent this too has this type of style but I don't know her so.... It was hard to mail it away. I invested blood (literally, damn cutter), sweat (Sarge likes the heater way too much) a tears in this quilt.





I tried my hand at another little crafty encounter. I saw these and instantly wanted them for hair pretties. I love how they came out.


I have been signing up for more swaps to keep myself busy. I signed up for a swap called 100 Facts About Me. That was fun to come up with the 100 things. I'm trying to make a tote bag right now. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Happy New Years!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty quilts, both.

    Good luck with the tote bag! I've thought, from time to time, about attempting to sew one, but just haven't done anything beyond thinking about it ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers, very pretty. Also love the quilts. You are very talented! I can't sew to save my life.

    ReplyDelete