Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Birthday

Megan in a trashcan. Tree girl being tree like.


OK, big ole breaking news!!! My daughter Megan gave birth to Peyton yesterday at 7:30 am. Baby is 6 pounds 3 oz. She was born 11 days early, almost throwing off her Dad's attempt to make it home from Iraq on time. He called my daughter from Salt Lake City and found out she was in the hospital in labor. He made it to Alaska 6 hours before she was born. Whew! That was close. He will have 2 weeks R&R and he will head back to Iraq for the rest of his tour. On a side note, all three pregnant people I know had their babies yesterday. Very odd. I have not seen pictures yet nor have I talked to Megan. Can't wait.


Still going strong on the quilting. These are the blocks are what I'm working on today. Very fall-ish which is cool because today is rainy. When it's rainy I need comfort food like meatball soup. Souper (lame I know) easy to make and very easy to eat! Also, use turkey meatballs, you heart will thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all of you!!! I hope you get pictures soon :).

    Love the quilt colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the grandkid! Poor thing being born into all that snow! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete